Tuesday, July 2, 2013
10 Things I Love About Zines!
Hey! It's International Zine Month! You should all go check out that site and see all the awesome zine related things you could be doing this month!
Today (July 2nd) is: "Make a Top 10 list of reasons why your love zines, post them online if you would like."
Above you can see the poster I made for the Zine Pavilion at the American Library Association conference last weekend. We'll have the reasons other people loved zines on the Zine Pavilion tumblr soon, but I want to know what your reasons are! (You don't have to write ten, any number of reasons is good!)
As for (some of) my reasons... (Completely off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are many, many more.)
1. I love that Zines allow people to produce their own media, and that creators don't have to care about editors or advertisers.
2. I love that Zines let me to do graphic design stuff that I doubt I'd ever get paid for.
3. I love that Zines let me create weird little projects and discover that other people are into the same things.
4. I love that writing Zines allows me to look at the past and come to grips with my emotions.
5. I love that zines have let me meet lots of cool people from all over the world.
6. I love that anyone can make a zine (you can never be too old or young!).
7. I love that zines can be about anything.
8. I love that zines expose me to many different styles of writing, and types of content that I might never have seen.
9. I love that zines have given me something to blog about for the past four years.
10. I love that zines exist.